Marilyn Bardsley is the editor of Crimescape Books. Crimescape Books is a collection of compelling short nonfiction crime books by the best true crime authors in the business, many of whose books have been made into major motion pictures. Crimescape short nonfiction books are designed to give the reader all the information needed to understand everything relevant to the story. One thing that differentiates Crimescape books from other true crime books is that our authors are selected for their experience in crime investigation, whether as a police detective, investigative reporter, forensics professional or criminal psychologist. Crimescape authors are good story tellers.
Marilyn is the former executive editor and founder of Time Warner’s Crime Library, the premier true crime site on the Internet. Marilyn has written extensively on true crime and is an expert on serial killers. She also appears frequently on news programs and documentaries for the History Channel, The Learning Channel and Carolina Public Television. Her feature story on the Atlanta child murders, co-authored with Rachael Bell, was required reading for the police task force investigating the Green River serial murder case. Her most popular feature articles are on Jeffrey Dahmer, Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, the Boston Strangler, Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka, the Son of Sam, Charles Starkweather, Albert Fish, the Hillside Stranglers, John Dillinger, Fred and Rose West, Leopold and Loeb, and Ted Bundy. Marilyn has written full biographies of Al Capone, Eliot Ness and J. Edgar Hoover.
- Meet Marilyn Bardsley. (1:35)
- Marilyn Bardsley explains how her career evolved. (3:40)
- Bardsley’s work with crime library are discussed . (6:00)
- Investigative reporting is introduced, along with Bardsley’s hometown of Savannah, Georgia. (7:50)
- The transfer of information process is elaborated on. (13:40)
- A prime example of why you should say something if you see something is shared by Bardsley. (18:00)
- The media and high-profile cases. (21:10)
- An Investigative Reporters case involvement is explained to us by Bardsley, along with its challenges. (23:05)
- A listener calls in to ask Marilyn Bardsley a question! (28:05)
- The media in relation to criminal cases are covered. (32:20)
- “Murdertainment”: Alex is partially credited for having coined this word, although it dates back to the year 2000 when it became the title of a self-released CD. But who knows, after reintroducing “murdertainment” on air, Alex just may have started a trend! (35:10)
- The focus of a case and accountability are covered. (37:50)
- Bardsley shares her vision involving Crimescape. (38:45)
- True Crime books are discussed, along with the authors. (47:20)
- The well respected and talented Dr. Katherine Ramsland is discussed, along with her extensive knowledge and ability to apply it as an author through her books on Crimescape. (50:48)
- Bardsley’s recent book, “After Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil” is discussed, while she shares the investigative work and research aspects that were needed in order for her to write the book, which is excellent by the way. (54:35)
- Marilyn Bardsley has generously given us 3 copies of her book to giveaway, so we are giving you 3 ways to WIN! Tell us you want the book by posting on FB, TWITTER, and our blog. BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON ALL 3 SITE S! (57:50)
- Next weeks guest is announced! (59:20)
For anyone interested in true crime, the TruTV Crime Library is THE place to go and spend a few hours reading some of the articles there. It truly is a vault of information regarding cases and the true crime genre.