Victim- Nikki LaDue January
On July 29, 2002. 30 year old Nikki LaDue January was found dead on the balcony of her third floor condo. She had suffered what appeared to be a contact gunshot to the right side of her head.
The 911 Call:
The positioning of the body, post mortem lividity, testimony of the husband seems to lead the Detective Tom Pustay to make the quick determination that Nikki had committed suicide, as shown in his narrative:
Apparently very few photos were taken, approximately 20. What also stands out about this is that the photos were polorids, very archaic for 2002 as much more higher quality means of photo documentation was available back then. A couple of these photos stand out, raising some interesting questions.
1. Why are there two different brand cigarettes and two different lighters on the table in front of her?
2. Why is there a bloody phone neatly placed on that table?
3. Why are her hands neatly folded in front of her?
4. Isn’t the gun in a somewhat precarious position, somewhat wedged between her legs?
Other Questions Remain to be followed up:
1. The wall next where the exit wound is reported, shows no obvious spatter that would be consistent with a claim of a shot fired from that position.
2. Why was there autopsy done?
3. Was GSR ever actually done on the hands?
4. Were samples of the differing cigarette butts collected for DNA testing?
5. The left side is the exit side, yet the bright clothing are seemingly absent of any trace of blood? Would there not be some blood present as a result of a bullet exiting the head at such a high rate of velocity?
6. Why is there so much blood on her left hand (non-gun side) yet seemingly no blood in the rest of that side of the body/clothing, to explain how that much blood collected there?
7. Why is her right leg positioned in such a precarious position, doesn’t the table seem more pushed against her leg?
8. Lividiy, as I understand it can take about 10 hours to set in. Which begs the question, isn’t it still possible that that she died elsewhere in the house and her body could have been moved and/or positioned post-mortem?
9. Were alternate light sources or other methods used to check the rest of the home for indications of blood or recently cleaned blood?
10. WHERE IS THE BULLET?!!